Posts Tagged ‘letters’
Nation Held Spellbound as Letters Threaten to Strike
Here’s What We Know So Far:
- Letters, apparently enraged over polluted public discourse demand a return to civility
- Alphabetic job action threatens to rearrange pre-existing letters of all written material unless hostility is curbed and honesty restored
- In a muscular display of alphabetic resolve, the alphabet has collectively agreed to alter the letters of 2 well-known items to demonstrate their resoluteness. Henceforth the letters on the box cover of the game Chutes-n-Ladders will read Shoots-n-Cleavage. And shampoo instructions now direct you to: lather, rinse, defibrillate. What’s next? STOP signs reading GO.
- Cursive, Calligraphic and Cyrillic Letters have voted to join their block-letter brothers in seeking better working conditions
- Arabic letters vow to support any job action, providing the curvier letters are draped in black
- Hieroglyphs, graffiti and most other symbols follow suit. In Egypt, the pictographs in the tomb of Ramses II have joined the cause and morphed into several Peanuts comic strips.
- No word yet from Emojis. In fact, none expected. After all, they’re emojis. They did however send a 😀 .
- Hebrew alphabet, under pressure from the Right to Left Party, remains a holdout
- “@” symbol agrees to remain in the public domain so people can still get email
- Early languages (Sanskrit, Latin and Greek) side with museum curators and refuse to participate in the job action in order to preserve integrity of ancient scrolls
- Strike seen as a threat to all written material except doctor’s prescriptions which no one can read anyway
- Seeds of discontent sowed early on in the Primordial Alphabet Soup of Life
- President tweets “Those Sons of Bitch letters better get back in line or they’re fired. JOBS.” But all 140 letters take a knee and the tweet appears as, “Life with Melania is one long celibation! SOBS.”
- Authors have come out against the strike calling the job action “Censorship.” The alphabet calls their action “Repositioning.”
- Read the entire story below on how it all happened