Archive for August, 2018
The Officially Revised Rules to the Sequel to Fight Club
The first rule of the original Fight Club was:
You do not talk about Fight Club.
The second rule of the original Fight Club was:
You DO NOT talk about Fight Club.
In this more charitable sequel, the rules have been updated to reflect a more tolerant pugilistic culture.
The first revised rule of Fight Club Round 2:
- You may obliquely refer to Fight Club.
The second revised rule of Fight Club Round 2:
- You may OBLIQUELY refer to Fight Club.
Other rules/observations to the sequel Fight Club Round 2 are as follows:
- If a participant is knocked out, the National Anthem is played so they will spring to their feet through patriotic peer pressure
- All jock straps will be equipped with air bags to protect against accidental kicks to the groin
- Chuck Norris is not allowed to compete in Fight Club (unless, of course, he wants to)
- If a defeated opponent yells “Stop”, taps out or goes limp, the victor must pull down the loser’s pants and yell “Olly olly oxen free.”
- Fight Club believes (contrary to whatever the American Society of Gastroenterologists might say) that the occasional roundhouse kick to the stomach is actually good for digestion. The same holds true for a right cross to the occipital lobe improving your vision.
- Even if you’re a delusional and alienated white collar worker looking for kicks, Fight Club is a really, really stupid thing to do – especially if you’re as good-looking as Brad Pitt
- This list of rules doesn’t make a whole lot of sense unless you’re familiar with Fight Club. And even if you are familiar with it, the list still doesn’t make much sense.
- In Fight Club you may not use corncob holders as a weapon. However you may use armpit odor.
- You are not permitted to quote from the Bible while your opponent is in a chokehold. However you may quote from Chuck Norris’s autobiography
- The channeling of Bruce Lee is recommended. However the channeling of Brenda Lee…not so much
- If you enjoy fighting recreationally, you might also like our sister group: Colonoscopy Club. The first rule of Colonoscopy Club is: You do not talk about Colonoscopy Club. The second rule is that, due to fumes beyond its control, Colonoscopy Club stinks.
- Longness of Breath – Why get caught short?
- Acute Baby – It’s better than an ugly one
- Vowel Movement – Grammarians recommend 2 to 3 compacted vowel movements a day
- Chronic Consonant Crowding – To be found in the word shrimp or shrank: 6 letters, 5 consonants 83.3% consonant compliant. Also found in the word catchphrase which has a whopping 6 consecutive consonants – take that syzygy.
- Pancreatic Fondling – Who doesn’t? Y’know, when you’re alone and no one’s watching
- Spinal Men-in Black – Greatly preferred over Spinal Meningitis
- Medium Pox – Get the Pox size that’s right for you!
- Atrial Fluffernutter – A disease that’s close to my heart
- Myocardial Infantilism – I don’t even know what I’m talking about here I just like to say “Myocardial Infantilism.”
- Stereo-nucleosis – Again, it’s greatly preferred over Mono-nucleosis
- Mono-Poly – A great way to mispronounce Monopoly. Mono-Poly: where the accent’s on fun.
- Fractured Fairy Tales – Broke my heart to read them
- One Toke Over the Lyme…disease – When life gives you limes, you make limeade?
- Help! I’m Coming Apart at the Seams – Well then, you probably need a good screwing.
- Ack Knee – Greatly preferred to acne
- Dry Hump – Starts around puberty
- Lymph Penis Syndrome – Starts around Social Security
- Freudian Dandruff – A syndrome suffered by flakes
- Freudian Girdle – Sorry, another Freudian reference – I must be slipping.
- Chronic Freudian Reference Syndrome – A unique disorder manifested by writer’s with supreme intellijence.
- Detached Attitude – Could care less about this condition
- Arrested Leg Syndrome – Gotta walk the line otherwise you get the boot
- Hepa-tight-ass – When you can’t tip more than 15%
- Foot in Mouth Disease – When you tell the truth by accident
- Writers’ Gaffe – When you tell the truth by accident
Dr. Kelly Applewhite, President of the Mount Vernon Ladies Association, recounted her early days at the mansion when she gave tours. She remembers how smart aleck visitors would sometimes peer into the bedroom of George Washington and ask in mock seriousness, “Now is any of his body heat still in the bed?” Many in the tour group would chuckle which drew a furtive look of condemnation from a then youthful Kelly as the contrite wise guy realized he had crossed a line in referring to our illustrious forefather.
But maybe this loose cannon wasn’t off target with his flippant jest. In fact it has now been confirmed he hit the bullseye with his remark based on a Homeland Security team’s recent discovery. While on a mission to terror-proof Mount Vernon they were stunned by what they uncovered. The team was utilizing night vision goggles to securitize the national landmark from prospective defilers when specialists noticed an eerie glow emanating from the bed where the Father of Our Country expired on December 14, 1799. Upon closer inspection, and in tandem with expertise provided by Dr. Applewhite, it was conclusively determined through thermal imagery, that the slowly fading heat signature was none other than George Washington’s. The outline was unmistakable; right down to the peculiar heat signature on his left thigh where he’d had an abscess removed in 1793. A less distinct glowing mass to the left of the General’s was described as “of a matronly contour ” and is believed to be that of his loving wife Martha who had crawled into bed and kept vigil over the stricken chieftain that fateful night.
Birth of an Avatar
George Washington lives on in the hearts of his countrymen and now in the outline of his body heat still resident in the bed where he died. What lends further credence to this discovery is that it is well-known Martha never spent another night in that room or in that bed after her beloved husband died. She lived her last 3 years in a modest 3rd floor dormer room heated by a Franklin stove. Records produced by the Mount Vernon Ladies Association who superintend the mansion and the General’s legacy, reveal that upon removal of George Washington’s lifeless body from the four-post bed, it was meticulously remade and sanctified so that no one else would ever disturb the sacred linen bedding where our first President drew his last breath.
Thermal image historic preservationists are working diligently to maintain the 219 year-old cooling outline of Mr. Washington’s body before it evanesces into the ethers. They are flatly astonished that this heat energy could be preserved and husbanded in one bed for over two centuries without supernatural intervention. Thermal preservationists said that based on even the most generous thermo-evaporative calculations, his body heat should’ve completely vanished by December 15, 1799. That leaves almost 219 years unaccounted for.
Whether a burning communal respect for the General was still providing enduring kindling for the outlined memory of our revered forefather, thermal preservationists weren’t saying. They do however, hope to heat the room to an optimal temperature whereby the dissipating heat of George Washington’s image retains a half-life of 400 years thereby preserving the great man’s thermal signature for generations to come. Of course in their exuberance to preserve a constant yet minimal temperature differential, thermal preservationists run the risk of overheating the room and co-mingling the ambient heat with George Washington’s body heat such that the delicate isothermic outlines of the General’s body lose their ghostly distinction and melt into each other. And while this disappearance would be a loss to posterity, it might be in keeping with the military bearing and sterling character of George Washington.
When and if George Washington’s body heat does surrender its warmth to the surrounding atmosphere, it will echo the words of General Douglas MacArthur who in his resignation speech before congress in 1952 proclaimed, “Old soldiers never die. They just fade away.”
- Local Bank Stuck Up. Bank manager disagrees. Says employees aren’t pretentious at all.
- Greta Garbo Places Personal Ad. Evidently she no longer vants to be alone.
- Astronomer’s All Agree: Babe Ruth’s Head Couldn’t Possibly Get Any Bigger
- Motion Pictures to be called “Movies”
- Wretched Economic Conditions to be called “The Depression”
- Curious Voters Demand to Know: “Why is FDR Always Sitting?”
- Howard Hughes Starting to Act Weird. Former Housekeeper Says Crawl Spaces Filled with Jars of Urine.
- Sigmund Freud Believes the Depression is Causing depression
- Aviator Charles Lindbergh Crosses…His Mother – Marries Anne Morrow
- Charles Lindbergh Likes to Fly His Plane Fast Against Others. Experts All Agree – He’s a Racist.
- Nazi Germany Becoming a Little Too Well Organized
- Italy Asks: WWMD – What Would Mussolini Do?
- America Asks: What’s the Deal with the New Deal?
- The Beatles Invade New York City. ////I know. It’s from the 60s, but I just love the Beatles.
- Country Loses Productivity as Millions Waste Time Listening to the Wireless
- John Steinbeck Encouraged to Change Book Title from The Wrath of Grapes
- Mickey Mouse Still Wearing a Diaper Despite Being 7 Years Old Now
- Sediment from Dust Bowl Packaged as Ovaltine
- Warren Beatty & Faye Dunaway Born. Will Grow Up to Become Bonnie & Clyde
- Black Speedster Jesse Owens Wins 4 Gold Medals at Berlin Olympics. Indignant Hitler Fills Them with Chocolate.
- Architects Hold Up Bank. Claim it’s the only way to prevent it from sagging.
- Playtex Holds Up Mae West. Claim it’s the only way to prevent her from sagging.
- Archaeologists Begin Search for Eleanor Roosevelt’s Chin.
- Hindenburg Hoax Continues. Dirigible Seen Intact in Stuttgart. “Oh the Duplicity.”
- Miss America Marries Mr. Universe. Gives Birth to Baby Ruth
- Einstein Beginning to Wash Hair in Static Electricity
- Prohibition Ends Today: Entire Country Hungover Tomorrow
- Jazz Music and Marijuana Corrupting America’s Youth. One Must Be Made Illegal!