Archive for October, 2017
Nation Held Spellbound as Letters Threaten to Strike
Here’s What We Know So Far:
- Letters, apparently enraged over polluted public discourse demand a return to civility
- Alphabetic job action threatens to rearrange pre-existing letters of all written material unless hostility is curbed and honesty restored
- In a muscular display of alphabetic resolve, the alphabet has collectively agreed to alter the letters of 2 well-known items to demonstrate their resoluteness. Henceforth the letters on the box cover of the game Chutes-n-Ladders will read Shoots-n-Cleavage. And shampoo instructions now direct you to: lather, rinse, defibrillate. What’s next? STOP signs reading GO.
- Cursive, Calligraphic and Cyrillic Letters have voted to join their block-letter brothers in seeking better working conditions
- Arabic letters vow to support any job action, providing the curvier letters are draped in black
- Hieroglyphs, graffiti and most other symbols follow suit. In Egypt, the pictographs in the tomb of Ramses II have joined the cause and morphed into several Peanuts comic strips.
- No word yet from Emojis. In fact, none expected. After all, they’re emojis. They did however send a 😀 .
- Hebrew alphabet, under pressure from the Right to Left Party, remains a holdout
- “@” symbol agrees to remain in the public domain so people can still get email
- Early languages (Sanskrit, Latin and Greek) side with museum curators and refuse to participate in the job action in order to preserve integrity of ancient scrolls
- Strike seen as a threat to all written material except doctor’s prescriptions which no one can read anyway
- Seeds of discontent sowed early on in the Primordial Alphabet Soup of Life
- President tweets “Those Sons of Bitch letters better get back in line or they’re fired. JOBS.” But all 140 letters take a knee and the tweet appears as, “Life with Melania is one long celibation! SOBS.”
- Authors have come out against the strike calling the job action “Censorship.” The alphabet calls their action “Repositioning.”
- Read the entire story below on how it all happened
This is the 1st draft of embattled producer Harvey Weinstein’s resignation letter. “Embattled” meaning he’s guilty of whatever it is he’s battling. Mr. Weinstein’s letter was obtained before his female defense lawyer had an opportunity to sanitize it for public consumption. Loutish schmucks like Weinstein always hire a female lawyer to perfume their transgressions with a sense of “this will never happen again and see, even a girl supports me.” And many of these lady lawyers are happy to turn the tables on these serial schemers by becoming the fig leaf for their ill deeds at $1700 an hour plus expenses. It’s poetic justice really; whereby the guy who took coercive advantage of women is now being similarly taken advantage of by a woman. Through the Freedom of Information Act I obtained Mr. Weinstein’s 1st draft (alright I got it from Igor my Russian IT hacker) and disclose it here in the hopes readers will marvel at its’ self-centered obliviousness.
Dearest Friends, Colleagues and that tattletale Gwyneth Paltrow,
On this somber occasion when I’ve been caught with my pants down and my robe open, it pains me to announce my resignation from Weinstein Productions (a division Casting Couch Industries). You can imagine my disappointment in having to step down from such a carefully crafted female trap that took me decades to perfect. It wasn’t easy forging a foolproof method where an inflated, hairy ogre like myself was able to take advantage of some of Hollywood’s most vulnerable beauties – before they had any leverage in the business. People should know that for every woman who rebuffed my “offers of love” another 3 quietly submitted to them. So in my mind I’m batting like .750. Those are Hall of Fame numbers – not bad for a graceless toad from Queens who women wouldn’t bother with if, instead of being a powerful Hollywood mogul, I was a pinsetter at an Amish bowling alley. But for now it’s all over and it’s back to escort services and massage parlors for me while I pretend to get the help I don’t want. Read the rest of this entry »
Celebrities trade on their famousness. It’s a commodity of recognition easily monetized courtesy of the endorsement market and the underlying calculus often plays out like this: “Me like that person. If me imitate, me become like them. Then happy.”
Now, let’s cut to the idea of where Ambien’s magic ends, and white noise sleep-inducing sounds begin. At the intersection of sleep aids and insomnia is where celebrities’ agents (who get 10% of their client spoils) see an opportunity to interpose their client’s good name between the desperate need for sleep and white background noises designed to promote glorious slumber. So an unlikely marketing scheme is hatched: White Background Noises created by celebrities for their adoring civilian fans. It’s a match made in Tinsel Town heaven. It’s a kind of fan fiction for the fatuous.
However well-intentioned this scam was, clinical sleep studies with zealous fans proved that not all celebrity white noises were found to be soporific. Far from the sleep-inducing mantras hoped for, some of these narcotizing sound bites, bit back and inadvertently activated the arousal response in sleepy males test subjects – especially when they heard a loop of sultry-voiced Angelina Jolie cooing “What are you wearing.” After this unintentional “ear porn” the sleep-deprived males perked right up and snoozing somehow didn’t seem so important. This and other streams of counterproductive white background noises were excluded from the app, but they can be heard on bootleg versions of the app found on YouTube.
So even though it’s 4 in the morning (in Darwin, Australia, not here in Reno where I am), I’m pleased to present:
Top 10 Rejected White Noise Sleep Sounds created by celebrities for sleepless fans:
- A loop of Tom Petty admitting to the people of Syria, “Well, maybe you do have to live like a refugee”
- An endless loop of Steve Perry just singing the “Don’t Stop” part
- Misty morning rain…bouncing off Tatum Channing’s abs or was it Channing Tatum’s pecs. Or maybe it was Carol Channing’s cheeks or Tatum O’Neal’s teeth. The point is it involved rain, a celebrity body part and it was rejected.
- The continuous sound of Tim McGraw and Faith Hill’s boots knocking
- The repeated tooting of an “aah-oo-ga” horn…as blown by Monica Lewinsky
- Morgan Freeman intoning, “My, my, my.” (Apparently the dissonance of a black man making white noise caused subjects to grow bewildered instead of sleepy.)
- Yoko Ono imitating an air raid siren
- The soothing and secretive “hiss” of Tom Brady deflating a football
- The sound of Tina Turner privately dancing
- Marcel Marceau miming the words to “The Sound of Silence”