Posts Tagged ‘restaurant’
To all gastronomes, epicureans and foodies, I’ve finally put the finishing touches on my new restaurant (it’s so hard to find spittoons these days). And it is my pleasure to share with you its smashing new menu. Please remember that all foods and beverages at the Pompous Ass are ethically sourced, sustainably raised and processed by little people who are paid a living wage (if you consider a mud hut and a clay chamber pot a living wage). We will have a soft opening on Friday August 12th and a hard opening just as soon as the Viagra arrives. We look forward to seeing you. Please peruse the menu below:
The Pompous Ass
Executive Chef – Benito Agita Sous Chef – Sue Scheff Pastry Chef – Filo Dough
~ MENU ~
12th of August, 2022
- Young Radishes, Baby Lettuces, Developmentally Challenged Turnips
- Large Small Mouth Bass, Jumbo Shrimp, Elongated Short Ribs
- Fanny Crack Bread served with Irma’s sun-dried tap water
Zuppa del Giorno
What is Zuppa del Giorno? It’s the soup of the day.
- Cornstarch Chowder: Thick and….well, just thick. No spoon. Served with a trowel.
- Cream of Salt: Saline Infused Brine, Sea Salt, Blue Salt, Green Salt, a tremendous amount of salt. Chef recommends “Salt to taste.”
- Broccoli and Cheddar: Featuring KRAFT Imitation Broccoli Flecks
We also serve our signature Diluted Split Pea Soup – what it lacks in Pea-ness it makes up for in flavor
- Locovore’s Dilemma: Norwegian Salmon, Chilean Sea Bass, Martian Halibut
- Paula Dean’s Down Home Myocardial Infarction: Served with Hopkins’ Farms Pork Rinds and Nancy’s Defibrillators
- Gherkins Galore: Jerked Gherkins, Lammykin Gherkins, Next of Kin Gherkins and Kurt Jurgens Gherkins
- My Angry Stepmother’s Turkey: Served with Damaged Potatoes and “You Stupid Bitch You Ruined My Life” Gravy
- “I’ll have what she’s having” Oysters on the Rocks (if you prefer it sans rocks, a server will assist you in getting your rocks off)
- Silverfish Risotto: Certified New York Public Library Raised Silverfish (fresh from the Philosophy stacks), India Ink, Condoleeza Rice, gherkins
- Livermore Labs Locally Enriched Sustainable Plutonium: Wilma’s Candied Graphite, Centrifuged Raspberries. Served with a leaden codpiece.
- Real Expensive Cheese: Obscenely Priced Toast Points, Gouged Patron, gherkins
- Crayola Fondue: 8 Colorful Melted Crayons served with Lead Paint Dippin’ Chips, Bendy Celery and Musty Attic Lint
- I’ve Always Resented My Mother Blueberry Pancakes: Lotta Rage Maple Syrup, and Confectioner’s Angst
Dining Notes: A 400% Gratuity is assessed any table that mispronounces a menu item. All menu items are dynamically priced based on my gambling losses. There is no corkage fee, however if you bring a blanket, there’s a cover charge. Despite our haughty cuisine this is a tough place – the hat check girl’s name is Bruno.
Allergy Alert: All food prepared on equipment used in the processing of peanuts and maybe just a little Crystal Meth.
Please be advised the entrance to the Pompous Ass is through the rear.
- TGITAs – Thank God It’s Tuesday Afternoon. Lots of Moody Blues.
- A Confederacy of Donuts – The dough and the South shall rise again in this ill-conceived paean to plantation life. Rebels can dunk their donuts or misbehaving unpaid laborers into coffee. On Tuesdays overseers and serfs eat free. Ask about our Cotton Pickin’ Specials.
- Gristle’s – Home of the 72 oz. Bovine Pulmonary Vein
- The International House of Hoecakes – Our Hoecakes are blown out of proportion
- Heimlich’s – A German tapas house, featuring small chokable portions
- Hammertoe’s – Specializing in Pig’s Feet
- A seafood restaurant called The Poop Deck – It’s not what you think. It’s worse.
- Pig’s Feet – Specializing in Hammertoes
- Grunty’s – If you love flushing, you’ll love Grunty’s
- Abbatoir’s – Select your dinner from our livestock pen. Just point and click. All slaughtering done on site.
- The Crossdressing Dairy Queen – Think twice about ordering anything made with cream.
- Old MacDonald’s – Not affiliated with MacDonald’s. Featuring Farm to Table cuisine. 2 new locations – serving an Oink, Oink here and Moo Moo there. Old MacDonald has a restaurant. Eat, I eat, I owe.
- PTRs – Parsnips, Turnips and Rutabagas. It’s like totally tubular.
- The Pompous Ass – An architectural marvel. All customers enter through the rear.
- LGBTQ? It’s Friday – Bedroom to Table dining. A celebration of diversity featuring 6 distinct bathrooms. One for each orientation.
- Tai Foid’s Bistro – A place where Employees Must Wash Hands, but they don’t
- Original Grunty’s – Not an actual restaurant. I just like saying Grunty.
- Grunty’s on Fifth – Once again, not an actual restaurant, I just like saying Fifth.
- Cordial Ice Cream – A budget version of Friendly Ice Cream. If they become more profitable they promise to plow the money back into cheeriness. But for now they can only manage cordiality.